Certified management Accountant (CMA®)
The CMA is your gateway to a world of opportunities.
So you want to be a CMA®?
The value of the CMA®
- The CMA equips you with in-depth mastery of financial and business skills that put you in demand with employers. The CMA:
- Delivers critical skills that businesses need
- Improves on professional competencies
- Addresses challenges of identifying top talent
- Bridges the gap between academia and industry
- CMAs work for governmental organizations, private firms, academic institutions, non-profit organizations and multinational corporations in:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Financial Management
- Internal Controls
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Performance Management
- Decision Analysis
- Professional Ethics
What do you learn?
- The CMA teaches you how to:
- Leverage financial data for strategic decision-making
- Budget and forecast for the long-term
- Manage working capital and analyze financing alternatives
- Evaluate capital investments and value acquisitions
- Appraise company performance in detail
- Identify and minimize risks
- Promote ethical business practices
+ 63% CMAs earn more in total compensation
180 hours study time per part
+ 43 000 CMA professional worldwide
How to become CMA certified?
1- The requirements
To qualify for the CMA, you need to meet certain requirements: 1. Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university 2. Have basic knowledge of economics, basic statistics, and financial accounting
2- Register to the CMA® Exam
Top Finance guides you through the steps to register for the official CMA exam. Applying made easy!
3- Prepare the CMA Exam
Start your CMA preparation with Top Finance - we will be at your side every step of the way. Explore our learning options! Explore our learning options
4- Become a CMA
To be fully certified, you must have 2 continuous years of professional experience. And as a CMA you need to maintain your license with active IMA membership and 30 hours (including two in ethics training) of CPE credits annually.