Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA®)
The CAIA® designation provides the strong foundation of knowledge, global recognition and expertise needed to succeed in the world of alternative investments.
Why should you pursue the CAIA® designation?
- CAIA® charterholders work in the following job:
- Portfolio Manager
- Business development / Sales
- Consultant / Advisor / Broker / Dealer
- Support Operations
- Due Diligence
- Risk Manager
The value of CAIA®
- The CAIA® is an internationally recognized advanced professional certification
- Knowledge and expertise:
- CAIA® designation conveys a depth of knowledge, expertise and global credibility in alternative investments.
- Benchmark for Recruitment:
- Employers consider the CAIA® Program as a guarantee of excellence in alternative investments.
- Worldwide recognition:
- The CAIA designation is the most renowned and respected designation in alternative investments.
- A global network:
- Join a network of more than 7,700 members from 80 countries.
The CAIA® Exam depicted
- The CAIA® Program prepares you for a two-part exam designed to demonstrate your expertise in alternative investments:
- Level I:
- Understand the alternative asset classes and learn the tools and techniques used to evaluate the risk-return.
- Level II:
- Apply the knowledge and analytic tools learned in Level I within a portfolio management context.
- Both levels include segments on ethics and professional conduct.
7 700 Members
1 year to be certified
200 hours average study time per level
How to become CAIA®?
To enroll in the CAIA® Program you need to meet the requirements. You need to hold a Bachelor's degree of any major.
2- Register to the CAIA® Exam
Top Finance guides you through the steps to register for the official exam. Applying made easy!
3- Prepare the CAIA® Exam
Start your preparation with us : Top Finance is at your side every step of the way. Explore our learning options
4- Become a CAIA® charterholder
To earn a CAIA® charter, you must: 1. Pass both CAIA® Level I and CAIA® Level II exams. 2. Have more than one year of professional experience in the regulatory, banking, financial, or related field. 3. Provide two professional references. 4. Submit payment for the annual CAIA® Association membership fee.
Our CAIA® preparationThis rigourous designation requires a combination of optimal review program and efficient study materials. In partnership with Kaplan Schweser, Top Finance supports you through your CAIA® exam preparation thanks to comprehensive programs available in various formats:
Schweser Free TrialWith Schweser’s Free Trial, you can experience how the core study tools act as complements to each other, giving you concise and comprehensive coverage of the entire CFA curriculum.
*red highlight indicates mandatory fields